Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 February 2016

IO Walk IO Elite Review

Self-balancing scooters, or more inaccurately yet commonly known as hoverboards are an incredibly dangerous trend. People have fallen off them, broken bones, gotten into terrible accidents, and the cheaper scooters have even been known to spontaneously combust. Still the demand for them is on a constant high, and for a good reason too – they're bloody fun!



The IO Elite instantly seemed like a much better option as compared to the cheaper scooters I had seen before, both in India as well as HongKong. Sure, it had the same indicators and switches, but the overall build seemed a lot more solid, and the rubber surface offered much better friction than what I had experienced earlier. It even came with a remote control to conveniently switch it off once done.



Getting on a self-balancing scooter always comes with a learning curve and though I had the (mis) fortune of trying one earlier, I had a slight idea of what goes into safely getting on and off. The whole things works on unconsciously shifting your body weight for movement and centre yourself for it to stop. It's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it, but the tricky part is to get on flat footed while maintaining your centre of balance.



The IO Elite had quite a powerful motor under it, which could easily handle my 80 kilos of heft. It claims to go as fast as 10 kph, but frankly I didn't check up on how fast I was going on it. It was quick to accelerate, which is something I had to get used to, but once I did, I could somewhat control the increase and decrease in speed.





In the handful of days I had the IO Elite, I wouldn't go as far as saying that I mastered it, but I did enjoy the time I had on it. It's fun, addictive and most importantly, safer than the cheaper unbranded options you get out there. The IO Elite costs Rs 50,000 and is completely worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment