Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Railway cops does a great job, recovers stolen Smartphone in 2 days

In a City like Mumbai, you get to meet all kinds of people. Some good, some neutral and some downright bad. Unfortunately, I got the taste of the bad the other day.


Hearing of getting pickpocketed is one thing, getting your pocket picked is another and that too, not your wallet where some money would go and put up with the pain of blocking/renewing your cards. But the life line of your world, Your Phone! And not just some budget Android phone but The Venerable flagship device, my world came crashing down. I had everything on my phone.


A gang of three young men picked my phone at Kanjurmarg railway station on 14th August. As shaken as I was, I immediately reported it to the GRP. After listening to my case and helpfully viewing the CCTV footage, they narrowed down on the suspects.

On 16th August, they struck the same station with boldness and cockiness of getting away with their successful “Great Train Robbery”, targeted yet another unsuspecting passenger. But this time, much like the ol’ Sheriffs of Wild West, they laid waiting minus the six-shooters armed with lathis and mental alertness.

After catching ‘em red handed, a full body search revealed, charas and ganja in their pockets. They weren’t doing it to get glory or the thrill, they were simply stealing to fuel their addiction. On interrogation, they admitted to the crime. The GRP team (Sanjay Naik and team) traced their residence and discovered not only my handset but also multiple other mobiles.

I really thought I would never get “my precious” mobile back, but this incidence totally changed my mind and restored my confidence in the GRP. They managed to find the thieves, and recover my cell phone in a matter of only a few days. Hail to them, their courage and perspicacious performance of their duties. I salute you. Jai Hind!

- As experienced and written by Rajesh D’Souza with a little help from his friend Nikhil Rastogi.



No comments:

Post a Comment